Friday, July 03, 2009

i'm living in an empty room with all the windows smashed

I'm a tired camper and I'm going (back) to bed immediately -- I had accidentally fallen asleep, but I just got back-to-back phone calls, so hopefully I can fall back to sleep. Yes, it's totally lame that I'm going to bed at 10:30pm on the Friday night of a three-day weekend, but I can't help it that I want nothing more than to fall into my fabulous bed and stay there until sunrise.

Today was great, but very busy, which likely explains why I'm tired. I woke up around 8:30, talked to Tammy for a bit before she left to spend the day with Shedletsky, and then puttered around the apartment. I rendezvoused with Uncle Mark, Aunt Kathy, and Andrew at noon, and proceeded to take them on a tour of my place of work. After that, we went over to Stanford and spent some time walking around my favorite places. I took them into downtown Palo Alto for ice cream at the Peninsula Creamery, but this ruined our appetites for an early dinner, and so we drove over to Half Moon Bay. We spent half an hour or so on the beach watching the waves, which was quite lovely; then we took the Pacific Coast Highway up through Pacifica to Daly City before switching over to the faster freeways to get back to my apartment.

They made the mistake of letting me pick where to eat, and so we ended up eating Thai food. I made the mistake of thinking that I remembered which block the place was on, since I usually order delivery service from them and have only been to the restaurant once, which had the unfortunate consequence of adding six blocks to the two-block walk. It turns out that Drew ain't exactly the most adventurous eater out there -- so the net result is that while everyone walked away supposedly full, I also have plenty of leftovers for the weekend :)

I dropped them off at their hotel around 8:30, and I've been decompressing ever since. Tammy called and asked me to come and hang out with her and Shedletsky, but I refused; if I don't get some serious sleep tonight, I'm going to be really cranky tomorrow, and crankiness is not my friend. So with that, it's time for bed!

No comments: