Tuesday, July 28, 2009

what it do, what it do

As you can see by the timestamp (1:33am), I'm up quite late, particularly given the sober, responsible early-riser lifestyle that I have grudgingly developed over the past year. I just finished packing -- that's not quite accurate, since I will need to return after I'm "done" with the move to throw away some stuff, clean, and do a couple of last loads of laundry. But for all intents and purposes, I'm done -- and the movers arrive in approximately six hours! Bleh.

Today wasn't all bad, though; in fact, it was quite good, despite the packing extravaganza. I was successful at work and appear to be pleasing the big boss with my conference-planning skillz, which is always important in these troubled times. Then, I left a bit early to have coffee with Tolu, Erin, Vickie, and Ziv -- Tolu and I go way back, of course, and the four of them were on the team that I adored but ultimately betrayed by abandoning to take my leave of absence. Ziv moved on with his life and went to law school last fall, but he's still in the area, and so we were able to enjoy his presence while we caught up, gossiped, etc.

I drove back to the evil city and spent some time packing, but eventually discovered that I was going to run out of boxes. I made a quick trip to Office Max to get another set of boxes, and then proceeded to Adit's to drop off some clothes. There, I made the critical triumph/error of staying for dinner -- it was great to see Priyanka, I enjoyed experiencing the lifestyle that I'm about to live, and the dinner was tasty despite being from a recipe by a Food Network chef whom I dislike. But, it did set me almost two hours behind on the packing -- worth it, I think, but we'll see whether I feel that way when the alarm goes off tomorrow.

That's all -- tonight is the last night in this apartment! And tomorrow, a new chapter begins...

No comments: