Sunday, June 14, 2015

i wish that i could be like the cool kids

It was a lovely Sunday in San Francisco, thanks for asking. I didn't get up quite as early as planned (are you sensing a theme?), but I still made it to a cafe in time to write for an hour before Chandlord (aka Vidya) and Jess (aka Jwan) showed up to rescue me from my labors. We had a girls' morning out with an extended brunch at Nob Hill Grille (even though Jess hates brunch), followed by more chatting at Chandlord's house (the house she lives in now, not the place she rents to me).

This was a v. excellent outing, even if I was the only one who had a mimosa (which the menu promised was 'delicious and nutritious' - it was certainly one of those things). We had many tings to catch up on, including Jess's singing, some tribulations with someone's extended family (not mine...although maybe that's destined to happen in Texas this week, but if so, it won't be because some of them don't speak English and/or aren't willing to drive anywhere), the fact that Vidya has been to a million weddings (including two this weekend), etc., etc. So, I would judge the girls' morning out to be a success! And I would also say that it is delightful to have friends so charming and helpful, even if Chandlord only hugs me when she is distracted by something else.

Followed by that rousing effort, I came home, messed around for a bit, called my mother, had a delightful hangout with Terry, and did some laundry. Then, I spent the evening taking care of tings that needed taken care of - paying taxes, writing checks to people for services rendered, packing up things to be returned, etc. You will note that none of that includes watching either the Warriors game or the 'Game of Thrones' finale, since I am living in a strange bubble outside the confines of current pop culture. Come for the royal family trivia, stay for the fascinating tidbits about Regency history, but don't expect me to know anything about any tv show from the last five years.

And now, I believe I shall go to bed so that I can (you guessed it / you rolled your eyes at it) get up early tomorrow and write before going to the gym. Goodnight!

No comments: