Friday, June 19, 2015

don't want your picture on my cell phone...i want you here with me

The reunion started today, and I'm happy to report that it was entirely successful. We had breakfast at the hotel before starting the trek out to the ranch, which is always a good idea since it takes an hour to get there over entirely unmarked roads. [censored] drove me out there, and while I usually [censored] everything [censored] does, it's entirely possible that [censored] gunned it through a water-covered ravine, then nearly ran into a pack of wild hogs. Welcome to Texas!

sssanyway, we got to the ranch, where we spent the day visiting with a passel of relatives. It rained off and on throughout the day, which was actually awesome from a coolness perspective even if it made the swimming hole muddy. Lunch and supper both featured brisket, but the supper brisket was out of this world incredible - Wendell's son David slow cooked it all day, and it was totally perfect. And I got to spend some quality time with my more immediate family - particularly Drewbaby, who is now of legal drinking age, which meant we could enjoy cold beverages together without any possible legal repercussions.

But now, alas, I must sleep - we have to go out to the ranch again tomorrow, and even though we've now refreshed ourselves on how to get there, it's still not the easiest route in the world. Goodnight!

No comments: