Friday, June 26, 2015

if i could find a way to see this straight i'd run away

I should have gone to bed ages ago, but I got lured into the book I started reading yesterday, and I'm so close to finishing...but that way lies madness. Today was okay enough, I guess; I got up earlyish and went to a cafe, where I accomplished some decent work between 8:30 and noon. Then I was going to come home and work some more, but I got distracted by Chandlord and Hugo, who had been working in the same cafe and lured me to Chandlord's place for lunch.

So that was nice, but it kind of broke my focus...and then I had twenty minutes to take a nap before John came over and helped me to jumpstart my car. This was duly accomplished without too much drama, and it was good to see him. We parted ways so that I could drive around for awhile and let the battery charge - I drove out to Ocean Beach and back, so hopefully the car will work tomorrow so I can train with Alyssa.

After that, I came home, messed around here for a bit, and then walked to the Mission, where I wrote/daydreamed for an hour at Four Barrel. Then I met up with Jen at Locanda; she's part of the friendship renewal group (in fact, was the person whom I named friendship renewal after), and she's now working in the city, so we can get together up here occasionally between meetings of the friendship renewal group in the south bay. It was great to see her, and I'm glad she's moved back from NYC and has forgiven me for showing up drunk to her wedding.

Once dinner was accomplished, I walked home, picked up my book, and was lost until now. And now I need to sleep so that I can accomplish many better and more useful things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: