Wednesday, June 03, 2015

tonight i'm gonna bury that horse in the ground

Today felt rather endless, but I think that's because I'm still sick, still somewhat unable to focus as a result, and so was listless and apathetic all day. That's probably overstating it...but it really did feel like today was a million hours long. I woke up and did a bit of work this morning before making eggs (with avocado and salsa, winning), getting dressed, and going downtown to see my hair person so that I could get my bangs trimmed. I was also supposed to get my brows waxed, but the salon called this morning to say that my aesthetician was sick...and I'm feeling a bit guilty to think that maybe I was the one who knocked it out, since she gave me a facial on Friday and I probably breathed all over her. Oops.

Anyway, my bangs were trimmed v. quickly, and then I went to Samovar and worked for a couple of hours while eating jook and drinking chai in an attempt to revive myself. I kept pressing on what my issues are with Rafe (I'm currently blocked because I don't understand him yet, and so whenever I have to write a scene from his POV it feels all weird and false and uninteresting), and I think I'm getting there, so I have high hopes for tomorrow. After I could take no more, I ran a couple of errands, came home, took a nap, and ran down the street to get some groceries for supper.

Supper didn't happen until later; I spent some more time writing/journaling/staring off into space tonight, which felt good(ish). Then I made chicken fajitas using a new recipe I found on Chow - I thought the marinade was quite excellent, and it was all very easy. It also gave me a chance to finally use my new grill pan, which worked wonderfully. I made a corn tortilla quesadilla to go with the fajitas, and when I added avocado/salsa/sour cream, it was scrumptious. And, since I have enough leftover for two or three more meals, this is pretty winning - I expect I'll make it again sometime (although perhaps in the future I'll start the marinade in the morning so that the flavor is even better).

After I ate, I painted my nails, and then I read the first part of Amy Poehler's memoir ('Yes Please'). So far I'm really liking it - similar to Tina Fey's memoir, it's a bit of a hodgepodge of disjointed chapters, but I'm finding myself getting into this one more easily. So easily, in fact, that it's now eleven p.m. and I meant to be in bed an hour ago, but c'est la vie. Goodnight!

No comments: