Monday, June 22, 2015

with or without you

I very nearly didn't blog tonight...not out of lack of desire, but because I have been staring at screens all day and can't bear to open my laptop. So you're getting an abbreviated phone version, and you'll have to take it up with the management if you're not satisfied. But today was great for getting back into the writing...I made it to a cafe by nine and worked solidly for a couple of hours (on the gargoyles book, FYI). Then, in deference to my empty fridge, I had lunch at MyMy...I've never been since the weekend line is insane, but I only had to wait for five minutes at 11:30ish, and my scrambled eggs were delish.

After that, I went to Staples for paper (my drug), then came home and had a phone date with Maya (a writer friend based in nyc). I then procrastinated/napped for a bit before going for a walk and eventually looping back to get groceries so I don't starve to death. And then I spent four hours brainstorming/falling down an infinite Wikipedia rabbit hole covering many and varied topics in western civilization, before abandoning screens in a sudden burst of revulsion. I compensated for my screen filled day by painting my nails and reading part of a paper book (shocking, I know) on effective habit-forming (so far she hasn't told me how to write a book in a week, but we'll see what happens).

Now, though, I'm going to sleep and dream the impossible dream that I'll make it to a cafe by seven tomorrow...goodnight!

No comments: