Saturday, June 20, 2015

i believe there is a time for meditation in cathedrals of our own

There are many strange and wondrous things I could tell you about today...about breakfast at Cracker Barrel, about attempts to infuse tequila with jalapeƱos, about using a box grater as a drink strainer, about using a potato masher as a muddler, and about eating fried catfish (which were caught when they were trapped in a spillway, and out Oklahoma relatives were able to stand in the creek and catch them with their bare hands). Or I could tell you that I continued to spend quality time with many and varied relatives, hearing about "online" dating via classified ads in the late 80s, or about genetic mutations that may mean I need to take more vitamins. Or I could tell you that the fireworks our Texas cousins shot off at the end of the night were more spectacular than any display ever put on by my hometown.

But to tell you all that while typing on my phone is simply too much, especially since I need to get up in less than seven hours to see my parents before going to the airport and eventually flying back to SF. So I shan't tell you any of it, and instead I shall go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: