Thursday, March 23, 2017

i really want to come kick it with you

From a productivity standpoint, today was kind of a mess - I crossed a whole bunch of things off my to-do list that I'd been neglecting from a business standpoint, but I didn't get as much writing work done as I'd hoped (yes, you've heard this story before).

But I stopped working at six to take a shower and meet up with Jen for dinner. We're also meeting tomorrow night, but she invited me to have dinner with her and an old coworker of hers tonight - and the entire reason we all said yes was because the friend is a member of Soho House (a private members club with branches in a bunch of cities). This is exactly the kind of place I would be a member of if I a) had a sponsor and b) spent enough time in cities where they're located (and c) wanted to spend the money). It wasn't over the top fancy, but the vibe was nice and I liked the decor and the food, so I was v. pleased with all of it.

However, when Jen and I met up, we were early, so we grabbed a quick drink down the street (note: cheap prosecco out of a mini bottle is an odd way to prep for dinner, but hey, it was fun). Then we had dinner with her friend, who I really liked - she was entertaining and just ridiculous enough even though she was really tired, so we had a good time. And their gluten free pasta was top notch, which made me happy (too happy, since I ate all of it and was stuffed).

Then we parted ways, and Jen and I took an uber back to her hotel, where we wandered around and took pictures - it turns out the grand staircase there has featured in both a Spice Girls video and the recent Taylor Swift/Zayn Malik video, so of course we had to see it. And we went to Kings Cross (next door) and took a photo at Platform 9 and 3/4 (apparently it's packed with tourists during the day, and there's a line and they charge you to take photos, but at 11pm we had it all to ourselves). And then we parted ways, I took the tube back to my hotel, and now I'm desperate for sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: