Wednesday, October 22, 2008

consequence is no coincidence

This is a four-minute post. It's a bad week when, between 1pm on Monday afternoon and 5pm on Friday afternoon, you get a combined total of one hour and fifteen minutes at your desk. Fifteen of those precious minutes happened this afternoon, and I actually decided to vacate the desk and take a few moments to make myself an iced latte in the kitchen downstairs. I get half an hour tomorrow and half an hour Friday, but both days start at 8:30. Today was supposed to start at 8:30 too, but I didn't get to work until 9 because there was a tanker truck explosion in Oakland that shut down one of the major north/south freeways on the dirty east side of the bay, sending traffic flooding down the glorious west side and destroying my commute.

However, at least tomorrow I can leave work and not have to socialize with people -- I genuinely like the people I work with, but I've spent the last three nights being social, and I could use a reprieve. Tonight I had a nice dinner with Dave and Meghan (both in from Ann Arbor) -- I took them to Zucca in Mountain View, where we had delicious Italian food and caught up on general gossip. But I didn't get home until after 9:30, and even though I didn't read my email all day, I figure I'm far enough behind that I might as well go to bed.

Four minutes are up -- I will focus on the book this weekend regardless of how behind I am at work. Goodnight!

No comments: