Wednesday, October 01, 2008

better lock it in your pocket

This is a four-minute post. I might not even make it four minutes -- I'm rather exhausted. I'm officially relapsing; I stayed in the office until after 8pm, which means by the time I got home and had dinner, it was 9:45. I still have some stuff that I could theoretically work on, but I'm going to do it tomorrow morning instead.

Think happy thoughts. I'm absolutely in love with my team -- every 1:1 with the people who report to me leaves me even happier than the last. That's probably a big contributing factor in why I'm starting to fall back into my bad habits -- 1) I can't say no to meetings with them, 2) I get excited and so start things before thinking about the consequences to my work/life balance, 3) I don't want to let them down. I mean, I would rather be excited about my work than bored, but there has to be a balance, and I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Another happy thought is that our business plan is done on Friday (in an eight a.m. presentation to the directors, ugh), and so I can spend the weekend not even thinking about powerpoint slides and metrics and other annoyances.

So I think that, given that I'm letting the book rest for another week, I'll spend the weekend building out content for my romance website. I may also try the tactic of writing 2-4 blog posts on Saturday or Sunday for the romance blog, and then post them over the course of the week -- the stuff I would blog about there is not time-related, so it can be prewritten (unlike this blog, which is heavily and boringly related to my current day-to-day life).

Four minutes are up, goodnight!

No comments: