Wednesday, October 29, 2008

take a breath and ask yourself is it worth it to take a chance with me?

In an effort to make space for myself, I'm taking tomorrow off. It could very well end up being too productive and not relaxing enough, given that I have grand plans to get my car serviced, drop of a lot of dry cleaning, talk to my financial adviser, and plow through another dozen or so action items for myself tomorrow -- but hopefully I'll also spend some time with the book.

It will also be a struggle against my nobler instincts -- I'm feeling behind on stuff at work, and while I successfully cleared my email inbox for the first time since Thursday (well, 'cleared' in the sense that I've read everything, but there are a few emails lingering because I didn't want to deal with them), my work to-do list is ridiculous, and it's tempting to spend time tomorrow getting caught up. I just have to remind myself that it's a vacation day, even if a vacation on a random Wednesday is a little weird, and hope that I can keep myself from doing anything for my employer tomorrow.

Anyway, since work is all I really did today, I have nothing particularly exciting to report. I'm glad I spent so much time cleaning on Sunday -- it's been really nice to walk into an immaculate apartment the last couple of nights, and while I have errand-y stuff to do tomorrow, the apartment itself won't be a distraction.

This post is super boring -- I'm going to go to bed and hope that tomorrow is more interesting for all our sakes!

No comments: