Monday, January 11, 2010

are you going to scarborough fair?

I had a v. lazy day, but it was probably what I needed to have in order to get back into full fighting form. I slept until around ten, messed around the house, took a shower, watched some football with Adit and Priyanka, and tried (and failed) to feel guilty about watching Adit clean most of the apartment (I did offer to clean the bathroom tomorrow, which he accepted, so that shall have to suffice). I spent a couple of quality hour this afternoon putting together a couple of notebooks, printing out all of the existing manuscript pages for Madeleine and Ferguson's story, and arranging them to my liking (yes, I am a dork). I also spent some delightful time on the phone with my parents, which, despite the cold and snow there, made me wish that I was still on vacation.

However, while I may not be on vacation, I did take leave of my responsibilities to go over to Vidya's to watch 'Pride and Prejudice', which I oh-so-happily received from my parents for Christmas. When I got there, I was surprised and delighted to find that Ritu Rani was there as well -- it was quite a surprise, since I knew she was in town but didn't realize that she was coming up. We ordered pizza, drank wine, talked, and ended up watching the entire 5+ hour spectacle while mocking/sighing over it/loving it relentlessly. Colin Firth is just so incredibly brooding and wonderful (although Vidya seemed to have more fondness for the various hounds in the movie), and I somehow want to watch it again and again even though I find almost all of the characters to be perfectly awful and annoying. I'm sure that I made it more annoying by pointing out just how reprehensible someone's behavior was given the mores of the time, or going off on a short tangent on the number of capes to be found on a man's greatcoat, but we still seemed to enjoy ourselves despite that. The one fly in our collective ointment was when I realized that Jane Bennet's face in some lights and at some angles reminds me of Steve the Pirate from "Dodgeball"; he was much on my mind today because I realized that he was actually playing a bit part in a DirecTV commercial, but it's a shame that I made one of the romantic heroines be associated with a total nutjob from "Dodgeball".

Ah, well, c'est la vie. It was all lovely, but I really need to go to bed so that I can get up in time to work tomorrow. Goodnight!

The movie was over at twelve, and I left Vidya's at 12:45.

No comments: