Saturday, January 02, 2010

so this is the new year, and i don't feel any different

Yes, the song lyric for tonight is too trite and cliched. However, considering that it's 1:45am (3:45am in Iowa, where I just arrived from), and I just got to my apartment, I hope you can forgive my lack of creativity. My flights were mostly on time and completely uneventful, and my four hour layover in Minneapolis (pronounced "Minne-ne-apolis" twice by the flight attendant on the DSM->MSP leg) was made bearable by my Kindle and a big bowl of chicken tortilla soup (that tasted like no chicken tortilla soup I'd ever had, but rather like a jar of chunky salsa).

I would tell you more, but there is nothing more to tell, and I'm exhausted. I wasn't ready to come back; despite living in the middle of nowhere and being nearly impossible to get to drama-free in the winter, my parents do take good care of me while I'm home (case in point: brunch today, which consisted of fried potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, and blueberry muffins), and we had an absolutely delightful Christmas. All good things come to an end, I suppose; and if nothing else, I'm feeling reenergized about my writing, which is a good thing. Now, though, I desperately want to crawl into bed and sleep for eight or ten hours -- goodnight!

No comments: