Wednesday, January 06, 2010

it takes my pain away

This is a four-minute post. It may be shorter, since I'm having trouble typing -- I went to the doctor for what was supposed to be a routine checkup, but since I'm going to India she decided to stick me with a tetanus/whooping cough vaccine and a pneumonia vaccine. I had a tetanus shot before I went five years ago (can't believe it's been that long), but they recently added whooping cough to the mix, which she recommended due to my allergies and my general lack of lung capacity. However, now I can barely lift my arm and the pain is radiating down my side, which will be quite inconvenient given all that I have to do tomorrow.

The rest of the day was actually pretty good, though; I made it in to work in time to grab breakfast before my two-hour marathon meeting at eight a.m., and then slogged the rest of the day (actually, I was slothful for a couple of hours in the afternoon after getting the shots, but then I slogged really hard until seven). I left the office at seven and made it to the evil city just in time to have dinner with Lauren (aka Subz), one of my favorite former expats, who was back in town for the holidays after finishing her first autumn in business school. We had a great time catching up, although it made me miss her all over again; I'm going to have to con my way into a trip to Ann Arbor at some point in the near future so that I can see her in her new abode.

Now, though, I really have to go to bed; I need to be back in the south bay at eight a.m., so hopefully I'll be able to sleep despite my arm. Goodnight!

No comments: