Saturday, January 23, 2010

bread out with your head out

This was quite the day! Adit and I drove down to the glorious south bay in time for my ten a.m. meeting (where he inadvertently pointed at the big boss's boss and made fun of him, tanks), and then I slogged like a true workaholic until after five p.m. I got a lot of stuff done, which was v. necessary, and that means that that I'll be able to write this weekend without having to do any work for the day job. I then drove back to the city of sin, where I ate a bowl of frosted flakes to sustain myself, and then wrote a couple of pages of Madeleine and Ferguson's story while waiting for Adit and Vidya to show up.

They finally showed up around 9:45pm, and we polished off a bottle of wine that had been collecting dust on top of the fridge before going to a 10:45 reservation at Zuni. No offense to my parents or any other cooks, but I had the absolute best porkchop in my entire life there -- granted, I spent over $60 at dinner, but that included my share of another bottle of wine, a share of soup and a delicious polenta starter, and a flourless chocolate cake (as Adit said, 'good, I don't like flour'). It was all v. delicious, and we had a v. amusing conversation before vacating the restaurant around midnight. We tried to go to Martuni's, but it was packed with an unusual crowd. So, we came back to our place, ordered some pizza, drank some champagne and St Germain, and watched Conan's last episode. Now we're theoretically watching 'Talladega Nights', but Vidya is already asleep and Adit and I are close to it, so I think I'm going to go to bed instead. Goodnight!

No comments: