Tuesday, January 05, 2010

run run run away, it's your heart that you'll betray

This is a four-minute post. I wasn't quite as productive as I could have been today, but on the whole I did exactly what I needed to do -- I caught up on work email from vacation, finished cleaning the living room/kitchen, bought tickets for me and my dad to fly from Singapore to Hyderabad on February 6, wrote a letter of rec for someone applying to business school, and wrote romance for an hour. So, as much as I may wish that I had crossed everything off of my to-do list, written for two hours instead of one, and gotten around to cleaning the bathroom, today still wasn't too shabby. I'm also returning to the healthier eating habits that I had developed last fall and abandoned somewhere around the time of the insane conference I planned for work in August, and so I accomplished all that despite subsisting on turkey and hummus -- good for me.

I'm feeling antsy about my writing; I seem to be alternating between feeling wildly confident because I'm in love with my characters and their story, to feeling utterly depressed because it's going slowly and I'm unimpressed with my first-draft writing style. I need to hold on to the confidence and get over the perfectionism, but that's easier said than done. However, I've written a book before, so I can do it again -- I just have to force myself to write for an hour every day, and more on the weekends, so that I can get through the blasted first draft and get to the fun tweak-every-word part sooner rather than later.

Four minutes are up -- goodnight!

No comments: