Sunday, January 10, 2010

shake rattle and roll

I seem to be recovering slightly from my tetanus vaccination; I don't have a fever or chills, although I am still swinging from hot to cold a bit more than usual. However, I've felt nauseated all day, and the red inflammation on my arm appears to be growing rather than shrinking -- and wherever the red appears, it becomes painful and v. tender to touch. So, things like putting on my coat are surprisingly painful -- but I didn't spend the day sweating and shivering like a junkie, so that was a massive improvement.

Instead, I spent the day doing nothing; I woke up around 9:30, sat around until noon, took a nap, took a shower, watched some tv, and then started organizing my new notebook for Madeleine and Ferguson's story. At five I felt like throwing up, but I rallied so that I could see Sri, since I hadn't seen him in a year and he was leaving the area tonight. Vidya picked me up and we met Sri, Sri's old roommate Raymond, Adit, Priyanka and Katrina at Gialina, thus recreating the pizza experience that I had three weeks ago (although we swapped out John and Claude and swapped in Priyanka, Sri and Raymond). Given the increase of vegetarians, we went all-veg on this round, getting two spicy pizzas, one four-cheese pizza, and one squash pizza -- and, of course, we put an egg on a couple of them. It was all delightful, and we sat at a weird bar down the street for an hour before Sri left for the airport. Then, Katrina dropped me, Adit and Priyanka off, and Priyanka promptly continued to sleep as she had slept at the bar while Adit and I watched "Rachel Getting Married". It was really good, although I don't like handheld camerawork and the band hanging out in like every scene kind of annoyed me -- but Anne Hathaway was really good in it, and it was pretty moving. After the movie, I spent some time reading about earthquakes (I didn't feel the one up near Eureka today, but I felt the ones yesterday and the day before, and it's a little unsettling to have three notable earthquakes in three days) -- and now that I've freaked myself out, it's time for bed!

No comments: