Saturday, January 28, 2012

and the games you play...you would always win, always win

Heiress is still holding steady at #6 in Regency/#12 in Historical/#50 in all romance, which is awesome and unexpected; if anything, it's doing better today than it was yesterday, although I don't know for sure since I don't have the actual number of copies sold (but its overall ranking dropped from 350 to 250 over the course of the day). It's all a little surreal -- while I certainly had high hopes, I had schooled myself to expect that this book would probably go nowhere and would end up selling the bulk of its copies months/years from now as future books started to take off. So obviously, I'm super psyched, but I keep waiting for the ratings to taper off like they're supposed to. On the other hand, I have more promo planned for the next few weeks than I did this week, and B&N is supposed to do more stuff as well, so...well, we'll see what happens! But thanks to all of you who have told your romance reading friends and family about it -- every little bit helps in terms of getting it to the point in the rankings where strangers can discover it, so all of you who've facebooked/google+'d/emailed, etc., are very much appreciated!

sssanyway, today was good; I was slightly late to train with Alyssa, but my workout was v. good and I'd had a good week of obeying her dictums overall, so it was all very pleasant. Then I took an absurdly quick shower, grabbed a smoothie from the gym cafe, and got a massage. I'd prepaid for a set of three massages sometime last summer (when they had a deal to prepay for 50mins and get 80mins), and had somehow never used them, so I decided to celebrate my book's success with a massage. Sadly, while the masseuse got a lot of the tension out of my back, I'm pretty sure she bruised me in the process, so hopefully it all feels better tomorrow.

Post-massage, I went to Philz and worked for a couple of hours -- partly promo (which basically means wasting time on Twitter, although I must say that my time-wasting on Twitter seems to be paying off), and partly writing several pages of Malcolm and Amelia's story. I was also distracted by an odd chick who insisted on putting out a lot of 'free origami' on the game/book shelves that were six inches behind my seat, which required her to rearrange a lot of stuff so that her origami had room to be displayed, and it was all extremely awkward. Then I grabbed dinner at Chipotle (not entirely Alyssa approved...shh) and went to Stanford library, where I wrote another few pages before coming home. Since I'm in extreme crunch mode and could neither afford to take tonight off nor be hungover and useless tomorrow, I skipped a friend's birthday party -- bad Sara. But hopefully I'll finish this damn book next week and can then play as much as I want to.

And now I must go to bed, so I can do everything (sans workout/massage/bruising) again tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: