Tuesday, January 24, 2012

it's so romantic on the borderline tonight

Today went about as well as I could have hoped for it to go -- I don't have any sales numbers for today, but at least I had fun, right? I was extremely active on Twitter, which seems to be paying off, since I've got over seven hundred followers now, which seems absurd given that I just tweet about nothing. But everyone that I've gotten to know in the romance community was v. congratulatory, which was sweet. And I got a four-star review from Romantic Times, which is the industry magazine that has reviews of all the major debuts every month, so that was totally awesome.

I spent the whole day being crazy in the same sweats I've been wearing for several days, but I eventually showered and retinseled my hair in an effort to look sane (yes, I know, tinsel in hair isn't an obvious indicator of sanity, but c'est la vie). Chandlord had sent out an email last week saying that we should get together tonight to celebrate my debut, which was totally awesome of her. It ended up being a book club after dark/after hours/between the sheets (we didn't settle on a specific name), since the only people able to get together were Chandlord/Katrina/Terry/Subz (aka Lauren), and Adit showed up when we went to a bar. Chandlord made the book club after dark a couple of cocktails each (except for Terry, who had to leave for NYC straight after the party), which were all strong and delicious, and then we met Adit at Olive (after walking past a pack of cigarettes lying in a puddle of blood, which is par for the course in the Tenderloin), where I had another drink and a half. Lauren had to leave relatively early since she's training with Alyssa at seven (I have four extra hours to recover, yay), and Katrina and Adit left at the same time. Chandlord and I went back to the Chandlord condo and watched some "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" on tv, but when Chandlord fell asleep at midnight, I left her and walked home. I watched the rest of the movie, though, which I have a strange, guilty affinity for -- don't judge. And now, it's time for bed -- goodnight!

No comments: