Sunday, January 01, 2012

four horsemen

Happy 2012, everyone! I am having trouble typing, so this will be brief. I woke up at ten a.m. (a perfectly reasonable hour), and spent some quality time helping Terry to clean the apartment. I eventually showered, then sat down at my computer and wrote several pages of Malcolm and Amelia's story. I threw in the towel around 4:30pm and went to the grocery store, which was an utter riot, and then came home and worked on preparations for tomorrow's brunch. I made ambrosia (which is a surprisingly time consuming effort -- it took almost an hour), and then made the flour mix I need for my gluten free baking...

And then it was time to pick up Claudia (aka Santy Claude, aka Claude the Fraude), which is when the fun began. She and I were on the same page about our desire to go out into the evil city, and so we stayed home and got drunk quite safely and quietly. First we went to Safeway to get more citrus; then we came home so that I could make gluten-free scones. And then we had champagne cocktails -- first, elderflower liqueur and champagne, then gin and champagne. We took a break at midnight to go upstairs and celebrate on the deck, but when we came downstairs, Terry went to bed and Claude and I watched a National Geographic documentary about the apocalypse.

Since I have now confessed our dorkiness + apocalyptic natures, it's time to sleep. Goodnight@

No comments: