Monday, January 30, 2012

there's a side to you that i never knew, never knew

My contacts are adhering to my eyes and I'm having trouble typing, but this time it has nothing to do with alcohol and everything to do with the fact that I've worked almost nonstop for the past twelve hours. I would probably keep going if I didn't have to go down to Palo Alto tomorrow morning -- stupid Palo Alto. But I need to sleep if I'm going to survive the morning, so sleep it is.

I will admit that I was not in peak physical condition this morning; I was surly and sullen, as I usually am the morning after an evening that ends in shots, and it took awhile to un-surly myself. A bubble bath helped, and then I fortified myself further by going out for huevos rancheros, which set me right as rain. When I got home, I wrote all afternoon/evening, with a break to call my parents; they were in fine form, even if we're all equally obsessed with checking my Barnes and Noble rankings (which I'm getting slightly less obsessed about -- I was able to work a whole hour at a time without checking, which is nothing short of miraculous). I took another hour off sometime around 7:30 to eat some non-Alyssa-approved gluten free pizza with Terry, since neither of us felt like cooking and I was sick of the leftover stirfry in the fridge. Then I came upstairs, answered a lot of email, plowed through a lot of stuff on my to-do list, and wrote a guest blog post for a blog I'm appearing on on Tuesday. Good times all around, right?

And now, alas, it's bedtime. Goodnight!

No comments: