Monday, January 16, 2012

what's up with bitches and henna

I can barely see straight, which is not an auspicious start to Monday. Today was extremely hectic, since I was trying to prepare for an ultimate dinner party -- but it all came together swimmingly, and really, what matters to everyone is the company and the alcohol, and I had both of those in spades.

I spent the morning/afternoon grocery shopping/cooking/working on romance novel stuff, and it all came together just as Heather/Salim/Durand arrived around five p.m. So they hung out while I finished preparing dinner; luckily, they brought alcohol with them, so entertaining was no problem. Jenni showed up around six, which was the stated time; Lauren (my old manager, who gave me a review on a plane trip to India, if that helps you to place her) showed up at 6:45, just as I was starting to mash the potatoes.

And I can't possibly replicate what happened over the next few hours, unless we all want to get arrested/fired, but I think we all laughed harder than we have in ages, and it was truly a magical experience. We all spent months/years in India, which meant we had tons in common even if we didn't overlap, and we're all friends anyway, so it was a truly hysterical night. If you care about metrics, we also went through four bottles of wine, a bottle of Bombay Sapphire, and a bottle of champagne, which, spread across six people, is a fucking shitload. So, the chances of me making it down to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa tomorrow morning (who probably doesn't know that Bombay Sapphire = gin, bless her soul) are slim to none.

Most of my friend left between eleven p.m. and midnight, although one friend (who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent) is passed out downstairs. And now I shall go to sleep, and hopefully dream of repeating this all again someday, even if I do have to go through the hoops of making boeuf bourguignon and creme brulee (which turned out amazingly, btw). Goodnight!

No comments: