Monday, August 26, 2013

bloodstains, ballgowns, trashing the hotel rooms

I was trying to get another three pages before bedtime, but I'm totally spent, so I think I'm going to go to bed and try to hit that shit tomorrow. Literally, I suppose, since I'm stalled on a sex scene (they always take three times as long to write as anything else, and I've skipped two of them, so I have to go back and fill them in at some point).

Today was spent almost entirely looking at laptops, with a couple of quick walks to control my annoyance at work tings + a break to eat huevos rancheros. I worked from home, but I was online at 8:15 to participate in some meetings, and then I had to take care of various tings all afternoon. But I put away the work laptop at six and walked down the street to my favorite French place, where they are completely used to my eccentricities, so didn't bat an eye at me eating a steak and drinking a glass and a half of wine and a pot of coffee while write ten pages or so. Good of them, right? And I'm glad I finished the scenes I finished, even if I'm getting closer to the point where the sex scenes are all I have left.

But now, I really should sleep; I have to go into the office tomorrow, but I want to write before I go, so that means getting up at some stupidly early hour. Goodnight!

No comments: