Monday, August 12, 2013

did i leave my life to chance or did i make you fucking dance

It's a shame that I have to go to sleep...I feel like I'm on a bit of a roll productivity-wise, and my body's need for sleep is going to kill that. C'est la vie, I suppose. I didn't write enough today - in fact, I wrote less than a page, which is just embarrassing. But in my defense, I was going to write on the shuttle this morning, but I'm approaching a sex scene, and I didn't want to write it with the bored bro-type sitting next to me. Then I spent the entire day slogging pretty effectively, with a lovely impromptu break to have lunch with Chandlord, who started a new job (!) at my place of employment (!!) today (!!!). I'm super psyched that she's there, even if she was one of the last holdouts among my friend group who had never worked there.

Some time in the sun was just what I needed, though; I think I've been a bit depressed the past couple of weeks, probably because I've been sitting in a fog-ridden wasteland. So walking around and eating in the sun was just what the doctor ordered, even if s/he would have rather that I walked around in sneakers instead of heeled boots. The rest of the day was mostly uneventful; I'm not caught up with life by any means, but the day job is starting to feel just the tiniest bit under control (which means it will no doubt blow up tomorrow). I took the shuttle home with grand plans to write, but instead I listened to music for a couple of hours, folded my clothes, did the dishes, and made myself an odd supper of eggs with andouille sausage, jack cheese, and sour cream. And then I did some stuff for a secret project, and now I must sleep before I make tomorrow too brutal for myself. Goodnight!

No comments: