Friday, August 02, 2013

you'd still enjoy it with your foot on masada

Work again kicked my ass today, but I had the last laugh, since I abandoned it to take tomorrow off. Of course, it will probably have the last laugh when I feel the need to sneak in a few emails and tings over the weekend, but I'm going to try not to stress about stuff during my weekend away. And the weekend is much needed, after an endless series of meetings (I had fifteen minutes to grab a salad, which I ate in a v. annoyed manner during my next meeting), and after my commute home took two hours. These are the days when I hate the city.

But the weekend should be good -- my parents got in safely (and on time, although an 11:35pm arrival still feels late), and they're now ensconced in my bed while I've been booted to the shadows. So I suppose I should sleep, since they'll probably wake up at some ridiculously early hour and be starving for breakfast before I'm ready to drag myself out of bed. But hopefully we can have a leisurely breakfast in the neighborhood before heading north for the weekend...and hopefully they are not turned off by the Marina in its Friday breakfast glory. Which is obviously not Sunday breakfast glory, which is usually a shitshow.

Okay, I'm rambling, which means it's time for bed!

No comments: