Thursday, August 15, 2013

when i'm no longer young and beautiful

Today felt like a lazier day than I intended to have, probably because I actually took time to have lunch (shocker) instead of working during that hour. Not that I really slacked off; I started working as soon as I got on the shuttle at eight, and I did work-related activities until 4:15. But then I took the shuttle home, and I ended up falling asleep rather than working...which was probably for the best, since the shuttle took almost two hours and I would have been waaay carsick if I'd stayed awake. So I came home, ate some frozen enchiladas (dinner of champions), and then got a massage.

The massage felt self-indulgent but utterly necessary, since I've been stressed and everything hurts. And, in my deep deep relaxation, I figured out what's wrong with the first half of Alex and Prudence's book. Yes, that means I'm going to have to rewrite it, as per usual. But luckily I don't think I have to rewrite as much as I thought I would, and now that I've made the decision, I can just move forward and do it rather than continuing to dither over the rewrite.

So I guess that's good news, but I need to write tens of thousands of words this weekend (not an exaggeration, unfortunately) while somehow getting ready for next week's work tasks. That means I need to be massively productive tomorrow...wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: