Sunday, August 25, 2013

we're driving cadillacs in our dreams

This weekend has been quite rough, I've gotta say. I know, it doesn't sound rough to sit around drinking wine and writing sexytimes, but it's actually totally brutal. So today I was feeling a little bit burned out, and also feeling like if I didn't see a friend or two, I might get disowned. This led to some v. bad behavior, if by 'bad behavior' you mean that I didn't write for three or four hours this afternoon. Bad Sara, right?

I got up at a reasonably early hour (does 8:30 count as early?) and wrote for ninety minutes, then showered and met up with Katrina and Chandlord for lunch. Katrina's birthday was last week, but I hadn't had a chance to celebrate with her, so we went to Nopalito and ate fancy Mexicanish food and drank mimosas. She had this awesome coffee with tequila in it that I would have rather had, but I needed to work, so I abstained. But on my way home from our glorious outing, I got a call from John and Jess, who were on their way home from Chrissy Field...so they stopped at my place, and then I went to Roam with them and drank a glass of chardonnay while they ate.

It was v. good to see them all, of course, and I have no tangible regrets beyond the vague feeling that I should have squashed my extroverted tendencies and worked instead. But I got a few good hours in later this afternoon/evening while nursing a mug of chai, so that's great. Unfortunately, I blew the last two hours trying and failing to hook up a new wireless router while talking to Terry, which was super annoying. So now I need to decide between going to sleep immediately so that I can get up early tomorrow, or forcing myself to write another scene before bed. Decisions, decisions. Goodnight!

No comments: