Saturday, August 10, 2013

you turned out to be the best thing i never had

I would have liked to have been in bed three hours ago because I'm a curmudgeonly octogenarian-in-training, but instead I went out and had fun (quelle horreur). My work day was mostly good, and I managed to check a few things off my infinite to-do list while eating enough carbs and drinking enough masala chai to make myself feel well and truly sick. Then I rallied to spend a couple of hours at Fiesta, where I drank more tequila than someone my size should be able to drink without passing out. Thank you, liver, for your excellent service in the face of extreme peril.

The reason for my excessive margarita consumption was that I was going to a country concert, and I managed to drink so much at dinner that I forgot to finish my entree. Again, quelle horreur. But I hung out with Terry (at whose behest I was attending) and Lauren (aka Subz, aka the friend who was also tricked into seeing the concert). They were both in fine form, and we caught up at the restaurant before going over to the concert. The main act was Luke Bryan, who I am led to believe is quite famous, and is no relation to a man in my county named Clell who shares his last name. The concert was lovely, even if I didn't know any of the songs, and it was nice to bask in Terry's happiness while I gave the side-eye to the people around me who were 'booty popping' just as I was considering the lost art of the Regency waltz.

And now that I'm home and hiccupping in my rapid-onset sobriety, I should go to bed. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's State Fair time. Beef quarters, pork tent, pork chop on a stick,turkey drumstick, tenderloins, corn dogs, deep fat fryers in every direction, yum. Butter cow, butter Lincoln, quilts, Floppy -- so much to see. Best of all, gas dropped to $3.29 yesterday. That's right, $3.29, and no increase for the State Fair. Slater

Censored said...

Did Luke at least cover anything you know? He does a mean cover of Metallica's "Enter Sandman." I saw him live in May of 2009 but I'm sure I enjoyed it much more than you did!