Tuesday, September 20, 2016

drink my worries down the drain and fly away to somewhere new

I'm feeling under the gun, and so I definitely didn't get enough done today for my tastes. Saturday night's adventure required a lot of sleep to help me make up for it, and I didn't get enough, but I made a valiant effort. I spent the morning doing monkey work - I'm hitting up against the wall for when I can reasonably expect some changes to go through to books currently for sale before a promo that I'm running this weekend, and so I spent the morning dealing with some of (but not enough of) that.

Then I showered, ate some leftover steak, and dashed down to San Bruno for a writing date. I probably should have stayed home and worked, but the idea of seeing Barbara and Veronica lured me in to leaving the house. I wrote five or six pages there, which is less than I need but pretty good for me, and the catch-up time was good. Then I came home, worked, and inadvertently took a nap, because that's apparently what I needed.

And then I slipped on a dress and some heels and walked over to Octavia, where I had a fancy dinner with Jen. She's leaving her job in the city and going back to our former employer in October - she had left our employer nearly ten years ago, and after a stint in business school and several other employers, she's finally getting lured back in. So we celebrated by going to Octavia, which I adore. The food was delightful, as always; some of the things weren't quite as much of a standout as I remember from other trips (mostly I am saying this because we ordered the kale salad and it was way too kale-y for my tastes, which is my fault and not Octavia's). But the deviled egg was good, as always, and the burrata was excellent, and the fried green tomatoes were outstanding (I should be avoiding tomatoes, but tomorrow is soon enough to get back on the #whole30ish train). We also split the strawberry soda ice cream float at the end, which was really winning. And I had three glasses of wine (Forlorn Hope's 'Que Saudade', which is a Verdehlo (white), and was tasty and smooth enough that three glasses seemed like the right call even though Jen was drinking hot water with honey for a sore throat).

So that was all lovely. But then I came home and worked until now. And now I need to sleep so I can work more diligently tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: