Tuesday, October 08, 2024

and the lights, they glow like i just lost the world war

I'm still pretty tired from my trip - I keep being half-convinced that I'm getting sick, especially since many other people have succumbed, but I think all the tequila I drank kept my body disinfected. But yesterday I slogged and then made myself a big batch of chicken and wild rice soup just in case I need the soup for future recovery.

Today was more of the same - I had to do some pretty intensely concentrated work this morning to prep for some meetings, and then I had meetings pretty much straight from 11 to 4ish and again from 5:30 to 6. I did take a quick walk before my last meeting, so at least I saw some sunlight. Then I went out to my parents' house to give them some soup, since I felt like sharing my bounty and hadn't seen them since before my trip. My mom gave me some tomatoes in return, and I came home and used them to make a BLT. It would have been perfect if I had real bread and also any lettuce (it was more of a BT), but the tomatoes and bacon were excellent.

Then I did a bit more work of both the day job and personal variety, and now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: