Friday, October 11, 2024

dirty bit

Yesterday I had lots to report but v little energy, and today I'm feeling the same, but I'll try to persevere. Yesterday was the open house for my dad's auction, so I skipped out on work during lunch and went to his shop to avail myself of the free lunch that the auction company had catered. I'm not going to buy a backhoe, but I did get a free ribeye and some chest potatoes and baked beans catered by the restaurant in Seymour. The auction is all quite bittersweet, and we'll see how it does when it closes next week. 

I spent the rest of yesterday slogging. Then I had a library board meeting and some takeout from the Mexican restaurant. And then I went to bed with the intention of getting up early and slogging...

... But instead I got up a little late and slogged. Then I went to get allergy shots, came home, worked and ate lunch, and took a long walk around town while talking to my friend Tanya. I worked the rest of the afternoon and tried to make the most of one of my last balcony days of the year, but the tiny biting insects have been bad the last couple of weeks, and they drove me inside.

Eventually I stopped working and went out to Mom and Dad's, where I fired up the grill and grilled four of the ribeyes that were leftover from yesterday. I also sliced some fresh tomatoes and mozzarella and made a caprese salad, and my mom baked potatoes and brought out the leftover baked beans. All in all it was quite tasty, and we had a nice chat. 

And now it's time for bed so I can do a million things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: