Sunday, October 06, 2024

purple rain

I'm v v tired but I had an excellent day in Arizona. I had a nice breakfast, followed by an extensive steam/sauna/cold plunge at the spa, followed by an incredible facial that left me glowing. Then I had a sandwich while chatting with some people, and then I had many margaritas of both the frozen and on the rocks variety while hanging out in the pool and watching Adit almost get murdered in a game of chicken, which was more hilarious than murder might sometimes sound.

Then I had exactly twenty minutes to get ready before the group photo, which was followed by a riotous dinner with an excellent table of people. After was the annual Taboo tournament; I was assigned to captain a team, and we won the whole thing (after a serious judging controversy involving tomatoes and potatoes, me blocking a team from replacing a child with an adult, and Adit refusing to play on his assigned team and choosing to play on my team because he knows a winning team when he sees one).

Since I was high on life and also had had several Tims (a whiskey and blood orange cocktail created by the bartender, whose name was Tim), I ended up at the pool/hot tub for a late night hangout. I came back to my room at the respectable hour of 1:15, and I showered and packed, which should make tomorrow slightly less traumatic even though I have to leave the hotel by eight. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: