I had a nice closeout to the weekend - or, at least, yesterday was nice, and today was a little too relaxed. When I woke up yesterday, I threw on some clothes and walked down to the Des Moines farmers' market. I didn't buy anything of note since I knew food would get too hot in my car during my other errands, but I picked up a notepad from a stationery store that I like, and I bought flowers and banana bread for Drewbaby and Sammie. All the vegetables looked quite nice, though, which made me wonder (again) why I spend a lot of time any money on my own subpar produce efforts - but I also don't make it up to Des Moines for the farmers' market regularly, so I guess that's why.
After that, I went back to my hotel, ate some breakfast (which was unfortunately very mid), showered, and checked out. Then I went to Drewbaby and Sammie's house to see them, but mostly to see their baby - but since Marcella doesn't talk yet, the adults had to carry the conversation without her. She turned four months old yesterday and is quite cute, and Drewbaby and Sammie seem to be doing well, so it was nice to hang out.
Then I ran some errands - I was going to go to Costco, but I was running late already, so I just went to Whole Foods and did a massive stock-up. I always forget that there's a Fareway in the Half Priced Books strip mall, but I happened to see it on my way to Whole Foods, so I picked up steaks and a variety of other meats. And then I drove home, with a stop in Indianola to pick up sweet corn.
When I got home, I unloaded my car, took care of a couple of quick things, and then drove out to Mom's with the sweet corn and some ribeyes to grill. The ribeyes turned out pretty perfectly, if I do say so myself, and so Mom and [censored] and I had a nice dinner. Then I hung out with Mom a bit longer before coming home and procrastinating and going to bed.
Today was much less interesting - I probably should have assumed I would get nothing done, but since I had had high ambitions, the fact that I did very little makes me feel much worse. But I did several loads of laundry, journaled, wrote a bit, fertilized all my tomatoes and peppers, cleaned up my raised beds a bit, and generally tidied up. And now I'm going to go to bed so that I can attempt to kickstart tomorrow a little more effectively - goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment