Monday, August 17, 2026

and they try to keep us all down

I have nothing of interest to report - I spent yesterday (Sunday) slogging in a truly excessive manner on a variety of personal / writing / house tasks. That felt good in the moment, especially since I managed to be productive despite the weather and my own Sunday inclinations - but I knew that it would probably sabotage my slide into the work week, and I was mostly right about that.

However, I got up this morning and managed to do several things that I need to get done before my meetings started. At some point I took a break to go into town and get allergy shots, which was a necessary evil. And I spent the early evening wrapping up my tax prep - yes, it's four months after tax day, but I filed for an extension, and the time has finally come to settle up.

After I was done with that, I couldn't bear to look at screens, so I journaled on my balcony until the mosquitoes came out, and then I read a bit of a book. And now I need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: