Today was a very Monday kind of Monday. I woke up, poured some cold brew, and attempted to write with mixed results (not zero results, which is good; but not enough results to satisfy me). I got interrupted by some sirens, which turned into me and [censored] listening to the scanner, which sounded potentially tragic for a few minutes - but even though they had lifeflight on standby for what sounded like a farm accident, the victim refused treatment, so I guess that's good?
After that excitement, I got back to day job stuff and slogged v. diligently all day. This went on until around 6pm, when Mom picked me up and we watered the planters in town. Then I came home, was desperate for a break from all screens, and so sat on my balcony (even though it was too hot) and drank rosé while reading a book, which went a long way toward restoring me.
Eventually, though, I was too hungry to continue. So, I shucked some sweet corn and boiled it, which [censored] and I ate with a container of four ham balls that I'd found in the freezer from Christmas (and were remarkably still pretty good after 7.5mo). Then I cleaned up the kitchen, came back upstairs, and read for another couple of hours. And now I need to go to sleep since I have many meetings and many tings to do tomorrow - goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment