Sunday, April 15, 2012

mdma got you feeling like a champion

I'm super tired; my mother warned me that I may be resetting my body clock to always get up at seven, but I highly doubt it given that I got up at seven (or eight) for years and years and promptly abandoned it as soon as I quit my job. But I'm not going to fight the attraction of my bed much longer; I wanted to go to bed at eight, so staying up until eleven is progress, right?

Today was lovely, even though it started oddly. I had book club today, and as I hadn't finished the book and was too tired to read it last night, I got up at seven to read. It was actually really awesome to laze about and read in the morning hours; perhaps I should do this more often. Sadly, I didn't finish the book in time for book club, but I really enjoyed it, and ended up finishing it tonight. We read THE WEIRD SISTERS, which I really liked a lot. I didn't think I would like it when I started it, since it's written with an odd first person plural narrator (aka 'we') who represents the intersection between the three sisters in the novel, but I ended up feeling like that choice really worked well to explore their family dynamics. I recommend if you like literary novels that explore families and returning to one's childhood small town -- it was quite good.

Anyway, I did take a break this morning to shower, and so I was in some semblance of order in time to go over to Lauren's. We had a lovely discussion of the book over brunch and champagne, and told many other jhokes, and it was all good. Terry had to leave early for a kid's birthday party, which means we had to cancel the original plan of going to Katrina's and borrowing her cat, which made me sad. But the other four of us sat around and finished the champagne, which was great. Then Katrina, Chandlord and I had coffee nearby before splitting ways so that I could come home and call my parents.

Post parents, I was so tired that I had to take a nap before going downstairs, eating a strange dinner (cottage cheese to start, followed by frozen enchiladas), and then curling up in my bed to finish WEIRD SISTERS. It made me want to read hundreds and hundreds of books, but I didn't want to start one immediately, so I updated my Goodreads shelves instead (friend me there under my romance alter ego name if you'd like!). And now, I may write in my journal for a bit, then go to bed -- goodnight!

No comments: