Friday, April 27, 2012

i've wasted my nights, you turned out the lights

Must...sleep...now. I was moderately productive today, or at least so it seems; I managed to clear out of the apartment around eleven, and I went to a cafe to work/eat for a couple of hours, which was an effective strategy. I got through a couple of things on my to-do list that I've been putting off, although I'm not really caught up yet. Then I came home with the intention of working hard here, but instead I messed around and took a nap, since I'm still sick and had totally crashed by 3pm. When I woke up, though, I spent an hour or so tackling a guest blog post that I've been dreading (an interview with my characters, which sounds fun but is effectively like writing a scene in the book).

It ended up coming together quite nicely, I think, although the time I spent on it was probably too much to ever recoup; between the hour I spent on it before dinner and the two hours I spent on it just now, I doubt I'll even make minimum wage on the books it encourages people to buy. But it was fun, and it should be up next week - I'll link when I have it. But I took a three-hour break for dinner with my writer friend Grace, who self-published around the same time I did (after finaling in the Golden Heart in 2010 (the year between my two finals) and having a similar experience with trying to sell books to NYC publishers). We had soft tofu soup, followed by a long, meandering walk around Geary/Clement looking for an open coffee shop, and caught up on all sorts of stuff related to publishing and life, and it was v. nice. Then I came home, talked to Terry, finished that blog post, and am now so tired that I must go to sleep immediately. Goodnight!

No comments: