Friday, April 06, 2012

round two

This is going to be v. brief since I have to get up in less than six hours, but I had some unexpectedly awesome news today - SCOTSMEN PREFER BLONDES is up on Kindle already! I didn't think it would be up until next week, but my agent got it back from the formatter this morning and got it up before she left the office. She also uploaded it to Nook and Kobo, but their systems take longer to process uploads, so it's only on Kindle until at least tomorrow. And I hit publish on the paperback version today, but that will probably take a few days to work its way through the system as well.

But yay for SCOTSMEN! And I'm suddenly a multipublished author! You can get it on Amazon, and if you buy a copy I'll love you forever (who am I kidding; I already love you forever).

Anyway, that was all v. odd and surreal, since it happened days before I was ready for it to. I also got my first income from my writing direct deposited today, so that was great too. And I sold some books, and I took care of a lot of tings, and I packed for my trip, etc., etc. I also went down the street with Terry and had a glass and a half of wine at our local wine bar, since we won't see each other for days and days; we were only having a glass, but the guy likes us (or, more likely, likes Terry) and poured us another half glass each when we'd already paid. So I came home quite happy, sent an email to Katrina asking to borrow her cat, finished packing, and then watched 'The Voice' with Terry. And now, dear friends, I must sleep; my flight to Denver is at 6:15am tomorrow, which is super brutal, but the destination (and my fair hostess) will more than make up for it. Goodnight!

No comments: