Wednesday, April 04, 2012

could have had a castle, worn a ring

I may try to go to bed earlier than usual...or I may stay up and read. I shouldn't read, but I'm late returning a critique to somebody and need to read it at some point sooner rather than later, so we shall see. But today was good, even if the productivity went in a different direction than planned. I talked to my agent this morning (to give her my bank information - my first book payment is being direct deposited! yay!), and she asked me to send some books to her foreign rights agent so that the foreign rights agent can try to sell foreign rights, which would be super exciting if it actually happens. So I had to take care of that, which necessitated going to the post office. I also had to get a minifacial (which was free, thanks to a promo my salon was doing), which left my skin feeling sublime. I hung out at Peet's Coffee before the facial, but failed to get much done; Nick and Ellie are scaring me, but I need to force myself to stay focused and write through the painful first draft.

After I got home, I did some reading for a critique (I have two critiques that I'm late on), then hung out with Terry and watched some "Bones" with her. And now, I think sleep is in order...it would be smarter to sleep now and read tomorrow, since I have to get up at like four a.m. on Friday to make it on the plane to Denver. Goodnight!

No comments: