Saturday, April 28, 2012

now it's just a bar fight

I was mostly lazy today - I slept for like eleven hours, which I think was necessary, and I'm vaguely starting to feel better even though I still have a cough and congestion that just won't quit. When I got up, I messed around on the internet, made breakfast, ate breakfast, showered, procrastinated, etc. Finally, I made myself look marginally cute and walked down to Fort Mason to check out the 'set' for tomorrow's attempt to finish shooting this video that Terry and I are working on; the good news is that the set looks ready to go, so I think tomorrow should be fun. Then I sat on a bench at Fort Mason and watched the ships while thinking about Nick and Ellie; I didn't have any major breakthroughs, but I think I'm getting closer to one...

Then I came home and did some work for 45 minutes or so before it was time to go out for the evening. The first stop was a little wine/cheese/jewelry soiree with some of Lauren (aka Subz)'s friends; I wasn't super psyched to go mostly because I'm not usually super psyched to meet new people, but the hostess lives all of a block and a half from me, so there was really no excuse at all not to go. And I'm really glad I went -- I hadn't met any of the other women before, but they were all lovely, particularly the hostess and one of Lauren's other friends who got super excited at the prospect of my Olympics party and volunteered to bring layered Jello shots, so she's obviously catapulted herself into the inner circle. Terry went too, so we spent a couple of hours hanging out and drinking far more champagne than I had any need to drink (but really, champagne is my fave, so it's little wonder I had a good time).

Post soiree, Terry and I stopped at Roam to grab burgers, since we needed fortifying, and then went to Fred's birthday party. Fred used to work on the same team as Terry at our mutual old place of employment years and years ago, although he left and eventually ended up working for the enemy (aka Facebook), and his wife Jamie also used to work there before pursuing dental school, so it was great to see them both. The party was speakeasy-themed, which neither Terry nor I were dressed for, but it meant that we got to drink cocktails and moonshine, which was fun. And Jamie had procured a lot of gluten-free snacks, including cupcakes and bread for PB&J sandwiches, so obviously I was happy regardless.

We didn't stay super long, though, since I at least was a little oversleepy from champagne, and so we just got home. And now I must get my beauty sleep so that I can get up tomorrow and make myself look like a star -- goodnight!

No comments: