Friday, April 20, 2012

be the one

I had a lovely day, but there's nothing particularly interesting to share with you. I spent the morning taking care of various and sundry tasks before driving down to the glorious south bay to have lunch with Gyre. I was twenty minutes late due to unexpectedly bad traffic, but luckily he'd blocked off half an hour after our lunch, so we were still able to hang out for an hour as planned.

Amusingly, when I called him to let him know I was downstairs, I also accidentally dialed Heather (aka dear respected madam), who called me back and said she was having lunch with Alaska Matt, Josh (whom I hadn't seen in ages, but he just started working for my old place of employment this week), and Arod. So Gyre and I crashed the end of their lunch and seduced Heather and Alaska Matt into hanging out for all of our lunch as well. It was totally lovely to see them, and a grand time was had by all (or at least me).

After lunch, I went to downtown Mountain View and spent forty minutes in my car getting a bunch of book packages ready to send...only to walk into the post office and discover a line that I had no intention of ever standing in. At least the packages are ready, though, so perhaps I'll mail them tomorrow. Then I talked to my brother for quite some time before going to Philz and working/drinking coffee for a couple of hours; no writing, but I answered a bajillion romance related emails, which made me feel quite good. Then I grabbed dinner at Chipotle (man I miss the south bay), drove home, watched some tv with Terry, came upstairs and read a chapter of "The Forge of Christendom" (I know, you're jealous), and spent the last forty-five minutes brainstorming the gargoyle series. And now that I've caught you up on all the inanities of my day, it's time for bed!

No comments: