Tuesday, April 17, 2012

twinkle twinkle little star

I'm super sleepy, but I stayed up past midnight, so maybe I'll get back to my normal self someday. Today was mostly productive, even though I didn't write; instead, I got up at 8:15 and immediately started dealing with romance community stuff (the presenters for the awards ceremony). At some point I took a break to make coffee and a smoothie, and another break to shower, before finally packing up all my belongings and heading south. I had made a date to have a sleepover with Heather and Salim tonight back when I thought I had plans in the south bay tomorrow, but as those plans are now off, the sleepover was somewhat unnecessary. But I didn't want to cancel since I'm going to be gone most of May, so I came down anyway. On my way, I had a late lunch at Joanie's, and then I went to Philz and worked for awhile. By the time I came out of my laptop-induced torpor, it was 4:45, which was way later than I'd intended to drive to San Jose (which means the traffic was awful).

However, I eventually arrived, and we had a v. lovely evening. Heather and I sat outside and watched Salim get the grill going before eventually getting too chilled to hang out. So we moved inside and proceeded to spend the night vegging in front of the tv. We watched an episode of "New Girl", then watched "Jeopardy!" when Salim came in with the food. Salim also got us ice cream, which was totally rad, and we ate it while watching "Dodgeball" (yay yay yay). Then we watched the last half hour of "The Craft" (starring a younger version of the woman who plays Lisbon on "The Mentalist", which was kind of distracting)...and then we started watching "Horrible Bosses". Heather went to bed at some point during that movie, but Salim and I watched the rest of it before I decided I needed to come upstairs and send a couple of emails before going to bed. And now, I shall sleep; I think I'll go to the library tomorrow and write all day, so wish me luck with that! Goodnight!

No comments: