Saturday, November 29, 2014

outside it starts to pour

Today was a perfectly relaxing day, but I think I shall start being productive tomorrow. I woke up later than I thought I would but earlier than I wanted to and drove to the south bay to train with Alyssa, since I'd already missed one session this week and didn't want to miss another. She was in good form, and she also forced me up to swinging the 24kg bell, which was an interesting experience (interesting in that it didn't kill me, so I think that's a good thing?). After training, we had lunch together at Joanie's since I didn't have to work and she was done for the day, and we caught up on life and my goals for the next few months, which was v. nice. Then I grabbed a coffee at Philz, drove home, talked to Terry's family, and immediately vacated the premises for a waxing appointment.

But my vacating wasn't long enough, and when I came back they were all still here [note: this is not actually a hardship, but since I'm feeling rather hermity, I like to pretend this is the biggest tragedy ever]. So I went with Terry and a couple of her female relatives to get pedicures, which was lovely. Then I vacated the premises again to have dinner by myself, since I really did need some solitude. I ended up at my favorite Greek place, where it became clear that I've successfully befriended the bartender since I only paid for two glasses of wine, but had something more like four glasses of wine + a tiny glass of dessert-style sweet Riesling (note: I did not ask for the extra wine or the 'dessert'). This was all much appreciated, of course. I also spent some quality time reading on my tablet; Alyssa recommended some self-help book that I'm still on the fence over, but it might be thought-provoking, so I'm going to keep going for awhile.

Then I came home, hung out with Terry's family for a couple of hours, and am now going to sleep so that I can attempt productivity tomorrow. I have nothing truly pressing, but I'd like to cross some longstanding life to-dos off my list, so we'll see what I can accomplish in the rain. Goodnight!

No comments: