Thursday, November 27, 2014

we gonna party like it's your birthday

Today was a perfectly lazy end to an exceedingly lazy vacation. We woke up relatively early and had breakfast, and then I laid by the pool and didn't do anything other than reapply sunscreen until three pm. I think it's good that I'm going home tomorrow since I would get bored of lying around and being in my own head if I repeated this again, but this had been an awesome break from everything. And I'm definitely going to miss the sun, particularly since it looks like it's going to storm in the bay area this weekend.

But I'm ready to go home, and I'm ready to not travel quite so much next year (although I always say that, so let's see what I actually do). Heather and I ended the trip on a high note - we went to a luau at Lahaina, where they had a big buffet and a lot of awesome dancing. Heather's cousin works there, so our seats were in a great location...but unfortunately we shared a table with three newlywed couples, which was nigh on insufferable since they spent the whole conversation comparing notes about their weddings and engagements. Ugh. But the dancing was great and it was good to get out of the hotel area, so it was definitely worth going to.

But now I must sleep - my flight is at a reasonable hour tomorrow, but I'm taking Heather to another hotel across the island first since she's staying a couple of extra days, so I can't dilly-dally. Goodnight! And have a great thanksgiving!

No comments: