Sunday, November 30, 2014

just when you think that you're in control...just when you get on a roll

Today was entirely dedicated to getting through some long-standing items on my to-do list. This is all going to be entirely boring for you, so I'll gloss over it - I had breakfast down the street, did some banking-related activities, did some clothes-purchasing activities, came home and said goodbye to Terry's family, and then spent the afternoon cleaning out my linen closet. 'Linen closet' is a bit of a misnomer since it's also the closet where I keep my makeup, toiletries, first aid items, purses, and gym stuff, and it had all become a horrifying, unnavigable mess in the last few months as I kept dumping stuff into it and ignoring it in the interest of staying focused on my book. But it's clean now, and while I have to haul several bags of stuff downstairs tomorrow, this is all a good thing.

But I stopped at six, took a shower, and rendezvoused with Kathia for dinner at Aix and a drink after at Nectar. I hadn't seen her in three weeks, and the last time I saw her was the first time I'd seen her since before I went to Germany and she went to Italy, so we were v. long overdue for a catch-up. This was properly accomplished over dinner (I am appalled at myself for becoming someone who eagerly orders the beet salad), and we continued by drinking wine at Nectar (where they attempted to overserve us, but I walked away from a half-full glass so that I could maintain my intended limit in hopes of sleeping tonight and working tomorrow).

And now I must sleep; I still have a lot of random stuff that I want to take care of tomorrow, although the most important task is working on the paperback formatting for my latest release (which I can perhaps do before work a couple of mornings this week, but it would be a good idea to start on it tomorrow). Goodnight!

No comments: