Monday, November 24, 2014

but she still likes to dance with my punchlines

Today was an extraordinarily lazy day, even by vacation standards. It started far earlier than intended - I woke up at six, after 5.5hrs of sleep, and couldn't go back to sleep because my body is insisting on becoming a morning person. Stupid. So Heather and I hung out on the balcony for a bit, then had breakfast (mostly good, although they refused to serve me a mimosa because I'd left my ID in the room and I apparently look twelve without makeup).

And then we spent the entire rest of the day by the pool. I had 3.5 mai tais, and yet I managed to not burn myself (even when I fell asleep) or drown, and I had my usual call with my parents, so I felt like it was quite successful.

But I was wiped out from lack of sleep and dehydration, so even though I showered and made myself up, I was quite happy to encourage Heather to order room service instead. And I started reading a Kresley Cole book just to keep myself awake, since I desperately wanted to sleep at eight pm and knew that giving into that desire was madness. But now that I've made it to 10:30, I'm going to go to bed and hope tomorrow is a glorious repeat of today (but with more sleep and water). Goodnight!

No comments: