Friday, November 28, 2014

i hate the beach, but here i stand in california with my toes in the sand

I'm happy to report that I'm back from Hawaii, miraculously on time and somehow not sunburned despite spending four days doing nothing but subjecting my alabaster skin to the sun. As much as I was ready to go home, I will admit that it was a little sad that I didn't get to lie in the sun anymore today - I had to leave the hotel around ten to take Heather (aka dear respected madam) to her new hotel on the other side of the island before driving back to the airport and returning the rental car. But Heather and I had breakfast together before parting ways, so that was lovely. And the rest of my day was entirely uneventful - I was ridiculously early to the airport, which was sucked up by the place where I ate lunch taking 45mins to make my food, so I didn't really sit around at the gate before boarding. I had used miles to upgrade to first class, which was a totally winning move - that gave me five hours in a little cocoon of solitude to do some work and continue my daydreaming.

And now that I'm home safe in my own bed, with San Francisco's fog blanketing the city and erasing all memory of the sun, it's time for bed - I have grand plans to train with Alyssa tomorrow and then start repairing the shambles I've made of my life by ignoring everything but the book and the day job for the last two (three, four, six) months, so wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: