Thursday, January 12, 2017

grab your passport and my hand

I'm on the plane to Singapore, contemplating the fact that this is likely my last post from America for three months. I had a great last day in California despite waking up with a truly incredible hangover...Wine and port and whiskey and rum are not the most advisable combo in the world, especially since I've been running on five hours of sleep a night for the past couple of days.

However, friends and family time is definitely advisable, and I'm so glad that I had a couple of days to hang out and say some goodbyes. I left Berkeley this morning despite feeling like I was dying, and I drove across the North bay and stopped to look at the Golden Gate Bridge before going to Legion of Honor and having lunch and gossip with Veronica and Rachael. They were some of the last people I saw, and they'll be the first people I see again since they're both going to Venice in April (Rachael is the organizer/teacher).

Then I ran a couple of errands and got my hair cut - it was a bummer to say goodbye to my hair stylist (and to my stylish hair, since my bangs are likely to get wrecked). Then I had a quick snack and chat with Katrina at Green Chile, who was in fine form. Then I had dinner with Vidya (aka Chandlord) at Fondue Cowboy, which was super tasty - and thus ends my SF adventure.

Then I came to the airport, repacked everything, and am on the plane. When I blog next I'll either be in Singapore or Bali - yay for adventure! Goodnight!

No comments: