Tuesday, November 28, 2017

not a yes sir, not a follower

I should close my laptop and go to bed - I got back to my room around 8pm and have been working steadily since then to try to catch up on stuff that is slipping through the cracks of my packed calendar. Today was good, though; I made it to the office (after a bit of a scare on the freeway when the back window on my ridiculously oversized Tahoe came open without me seeming to have done anything to open it), had breakfast, and then sat in summit sessions all day.

But it wasn't that onerous - we had an hour and a half for lunch (which gave me time to change into a Snow White dress and a panda head - don't ask, it was v. professional), and a happy hour from three to five, so it could have been worse. Then I ended up having dinner in downtown Sunnyvale with Christine (from Boulder) and Marty (from Dublin) and his wife (also, obvi, from Dublin). But I'm glad dinner ended early, since I needed some time to myself (with my laptop, my steady companion).

And now it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: